Saturday, December 31, 2016

First Post

I like memories. Dad has always told us to "go make a memory." And I want this blog to be loosely structured around all the moments in my life that have become valuable memories. Memories are one of the very few things we get to take with us beyond this life, and because of that I make lists and plans and pictures to capture and live out the moments I want to become memories.
So I'm going to play catch up a little bit, and include highlights from my first semester freshman year as well as Christmas.

 Reuniting with GA friends, Rachel Miller
 Provo Temple
 First time going to Rexburg, Abby Smith and I
 Dixie and me
 BYU-I Freshman Orientation 
 First BYU Devotional, Elder Oaks
 First time to top of Y-Mountain
 Taken the day Mary died, God sent me another cat (:
 Hiking Mount Timpanogas for first time with Cameron
 Summit of Timp.
 Cameron on top of Timp.
Finally down the rock hill from heck...there was supposed to be snow
 Mountain goats and Cameron
 First BYU football game with roommates
 BYU football student section 
 Second game with Abby Smith 
 Exploring with Lisa and Cousins, Jan and Kevin, Mom and Dad (and Dixie)
 Lisa and Dixie
 The concussion, I got staple in the back
 Stitches in the front 
Finally able to lay back without puking 
The removed staples from the back of my head, there were six total
 Homecoming week (Light the Y)
 Exploring Bean Life Museum with Cameron
 First time hiking "Y-Mountain" at night (with Cameron)
 Roomate Picture, from left to right; Nancy, Savannah, Summer, Dallie, Eliza, Me
 BYU Laundry 
 Night before Halloween, walking home from campus and ran into a a platoon of fully decked out Storm Troopers
 Halloween Night with Cameron at the Cannon Center. We're dressed as Greasers
 Center Street party/concert with Cameron Halloween Night
 First football game with Cameron 
 Lukas Graham concert with Cameron in SLC

 "7 Years"
 first snow of the year after concert
 first morning with snow on the ground
Luckas Graham Concert with Cameron 
 Trying to feed stray kittens with Cameron at BYU
 Exploring Mesa Falls with Lisa
 Mesa Falls with Lisa, Dixie and Hudson
 Lisa and dogs
 Lisa and Hudson
 Lisa and Hudson
 Hudson 
 Me and Rexburg temple
 Shooting guns with Lisa's friends 
 Waking up with a dog(:
 Sand dunes, Lisa and her roommate, Tori, and dogs
 Sand dunes and dogs
 I ran into a briar patch
 SLC Christmas lights with Cameron 
 SLC Christmas Lights with Cameron. SLC Temple
 Christmas Lights
 Lights and Cameron
 Met up with Shaylee in SLC, Shaylee, me and Cameron
 Me and Shaylee Rae in SLC
 Post-finals decomposition. 
 Back home with my anti-social family
 Exploring Lost Mt Park with munchkins. August jumping
 Caroline and Topher in woods
 August, Caroline, Topher, and Maddie Mae in woods
August and his stick

Accomplished Bucket list items:
  • Climbing a mountain
It was a good first semester and Christmas break. Happy New Years Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment